Tuckahoe fields a junior tennis team that competes against other local clubs in the Tyson’s Cup league. Practices begin after Memorial Day and continue through the end of July. Matches occur once school is out on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 pm. There are no tryouts for the team, however, kids on the team need to be able to rally and coaches will play the strongest players at the official matches. In 2017, Tuckahoe held its first-ever intra-team Black and Gold Tournament before the official matches began to establish who would play in the first matches. All kids get match play opportunities at practice and on Friday afternoons at a special match play session.
Matches use the Quick Start tennis format, and we field the following age groups for matches:
- 8 & under (red ball, 36’ x 18’ court)
- 10 & under singles and doubles (orange ball, 60’ x 21’ court)
- 12 & under singles and doubles (standard ball, standard court)
- 14 & under singles and doubles (standard ball, standard court)
- 15 - 18 singles and doubles (standard ball, standard court)
Junior Tennis Team registration will open in early spring, at which time the practice and match schedules are released. In the spring and fall, Tuckahoe offers Junior Team Training sessions for team members.
Fees for the 2018 season will be $105 per player.
Contact Ali Lapp, the Junior Team Rep, at firstname.lastname@example.org.