Tuckahoe fields a junior tennis team that competes against other local clubs in the Tyson’s Cup league. Practices begin after Memorial Day and continue through the end of July. Matches occur once school is out on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 pm. There are no tryouts for the team, however, kids on the team need to be able to rally and coaches will play the strongest players at the official matches. In 2017, Tuckahoe held its first-ever intra-team Black and Gold Tournament before the official matches began to establish who would play in the first matches. All kids get match play opportunities at practice and on Friday afternoons at a special match play session.
Matches use the Quick Start tennis format, and we field the following age groups for matches:
- 8 & under (red ball, 36’ x 18’ court)
- 10 & under singles and doubles (orange ball, 60’ x 21’ court)
- 12 & under singles and doubles (standard ball, standard court)
- 14 & under singles and doubles (standard ball, standard court)
- 15 - 18 singles and doubles (standard ball, standard court)
Junior Team Training Clinic
This is a clinic that focuses on stroke production and consistency, situational singles and doubles drills and strategy. There will be a 30 minute match play per class to help expose participants to match scenarios. All participants will recieve individual attention and focused feedback. Courts will always be organized based on the skill level of each participant.
This clinic runs from April 22, 2018 - June 10, 2018 and is MEMBERS ONLY cost to participate is $225 per participant. Every Sunday 4:00 - 5:30.
Registration is done via Tuckahoe's Front Desk as a release is required to particpate.
Practices begin Tuessday May 28
May 28th - June 21st (before summer break)
Tuesday and Thursday:
- 5:45-6:45 8yr old and under and 13 yr. and over
- 6:45-7:45 9-12 year old
Optional Fridays match play and pizza party session( addtional $10 per player fee)
- May 31st 6:30-8:30pm
- June 7th 6:30-8:30pm
- June 14th 6:30-8:30 pm
June 24th-July26th (after school is out for the summer)
- 10yr old and Under: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8am-9am
- 11 yr old and over : Monday and Wednesday 11:15am-12:45am,
- Monday and Wednesday: 4:30-6:00pm Make up practice (all ages)
- Friday match play (optional)
- Session 1: 11:15-12:45pm
- Session 2: 4:30-6:00
Junior Tennis Team registration will open in early spring, at which time the practice and match schedules are released. In the spring and fall, Tuckahoe offers Junior Team Training sessions for team members.
Fees for the 2018 season will be $105 per player.
Contact Ali Lapp, the Junior Team Rep, at email@example.com.