Tuckahoe fields a junior tennis team that competes against other local clubs in the Tyson’s Cup league. Practices begin after Memorial Day and continue through the end of July. Matches occur once school is out on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 3:30 pm. There are no tryouts for the team, however, kids on the team need to be able to rally and coaches will play the strongest players at the official matches. In 2017, Tuckahoe held its first-ever intra-team Black and Gold Tournament before the official matches began to establish who would play in the first matches. All kids get match play opportunities at practice and on Friday afternoons at a special match play session.
Matches use the Quick Start tennis format, and we field the following age groups for matches:
- 8 & under (red ball, 36’ x 18’ court)
- 10 & under singles and doubles (orange ball, 60’ x 21’ court)
- 12 & under singles and doubles (green dot ball, standard court)
- 14 & under singles and doubles (standard ball, standard court)
- 15 - 18 singles and doubles (standard ball, standard court)
2018 Practice Schedule
Tuesday and Thursday: May 29-June 22
- 5:45 - 6:45 pm 8 and under and 13 and over
- 6:45 - 7:45 pm 9 and over
Optional Fridays match play and pizza party session (addtional $10 per player fee)
- June 1 6:30 - 8:30 pm
- June 8 6:30 - 8:30 pm
June 24 - July26 (after school is out for the summer)
- 10 and Under: Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 8 - 9 am
- 11 and over : Monday and Wednesday 11:15 - 12:45 am,
- Monday and Wednesday: 4:30 - 6:00pm Make up practice (all ages)
- Friday match play (kids who are able to play matches will be assigned to one session or the other based on request and capacity)
- Session 1: 11:15 - 12:45 pm
- Session 2: 4:30 - 6:00 pm
Fees for the 2018 season will be $105 per player.
SPRING TEAM TRAINING CLINIC
This is a clinic that focuses on stroke production and consistency, situational singles and doubles drills and strategy. There will be a 30 minute match play per class to help expose participants to match scenarios. All participants will recieve individual attention and focused feedback. Courts will always be organized based on the skill level of each participant.
This clinic runs from April 22, 2018 - June 10, 2018 and is MEMBERS ONLY.
Cost to participate is $225 per participant. Every Sunday 4:00 - 5:30.
Download the Junior Tennis Team Registration Form
Fall Team Training and Junior Team
Contact Ali Lapp, the Junior Team Rep, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
or TopNotch Tennis, at: 703-559-5887