Tuckahoe is one of the charter swim teams of the Northern Virginia Swim League (NVSL) and continues to host strong developmental and competitive swim programs. We invite every eligible Tuckahoe member to come out this summer and join the Tigers and keep this tradition alive.
Being a member of the Tuckahoe Tigers Swim Team means:
- developing a love for the sport of swimming
- making new and lasting friendships
- advancing your aquatic skills
- getting great exercise through your favorite sport
- learning the value of teamwork by being part of a team that spans all age groups
- being a role model to young swimmers
- feasting at Friday Night Potlucks, showing off your special talent at Tuckahoe Late Night, dancing at the Tuckahoe Ball, enjoying summer movies, Fun Friday activities, a Pancake Breakfast, a Nationals baseball outing, chanting Tuckahoe cheers, receiving end-of-season trophies, striving for NVSL All-Stars and most importantly…HAVING FUN!
In order to receive your multiple child discount you must register all of your children at the same time. Once you have entered your first swimmer, add another registrant/s before completing your credit card information.
- Swimmers must be members of Tuckahoe Recreation Club in good standing.
- Swimmers must be between the ages of five and eighteen as of June 1.
- Swimmers must have a signed NVSL waiver found on the on-line registration BEFORE attending any practice and/or assessment.
- Swimmers new to the team (including Little Tigers) will participate in a swimming assessment.
- Swimming assessments will take place on Saturday, May 18 at 6:00 pm to confirm that registered swimmers are able to swim 25 meters of freestyle or backstroke unassisted.
- Swimmers who want to join the team but are unable to swim 25 meters of freestyle or backstroke should consider enrolling in our Little Tigers Program via the Registration link above.
Each swim team family is required to complete 15 hours of volunteer service each season or pay the non-volunteer fee of $200. See our Volunteers page for more information.
Swim Team Fees
|1st Swimmer in a Family||$95|
|2nd Swimmer in a Family||$70|
|3rd or more Swimmers in a Family||$60|
A $5 processing one time fee will be charged by Active.com for each swimmer. (This processing fee is non-refundable should you need to cancel your registration.)
A late registration penalty fee of $15 per swimmer will apply after May 26. Registration closes on Friday, June 14.
A $20+/per swimmer contribution to coaches. (This is used to give to the coaches and volunteer coaches at the end of the season for all of their hard work throughout the Summer.)
Discounts for additional swimmers are included automatically by active.com at check-out when all registrants are paid for in the same transaction. Please contact the swim team reps if you have an issue with the application of discounts.
- All registered swimmers receive a team t-shirt and personalized swim cap (personalized caps will available only to swimmers registered by May 12)
- Swimmers must purchase a new Tuckahoe team swim suit each year. Suits are sold at Sport Fair and will be available at the Tuckahoe Open House. Several practice suits are strongly recommended.
- Swimmers will need quality goggles and training fins. The Virtual Team Apparel Store will be available in March with delivery prior to the Black and Gold Meet in June.
Contact the Swim Team Reps at firstname.lastname@example.org.