The Tuckahoe Flying Tigers compete in NVSL Dive Division 2. We are counting on last year’s divers to return for another fun filled summer, and we are excited to welcome many new divers to our team. No experience is necessary. Kids ages 5-18 are welcome to join the team if they can jump off the board and swim to the side of the pool. Our program, as well as the NVSL, emphasizes teaching children the proper technique for safe diving and a love for the sport.
Registration for the 2018 season will open on Monday, April 18th.
You may register online or in person at the Tuckahoe Open House, or during the first few days of practice.
The date for the Tuckahoe Open House will be Sunday, May 20th from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm.
Registration is essential for insurance purposes, and must be completed before your child can dive with the team.
- Divers must be members of Tuckahoe Recreation Club in good standing
- Divers must be between the ages of five and eighteen as of June 1
- No experience is necessary; however, kids must be able to jump off the board and swim to the side of the pool unassisted
Each dive team family is required to volunteer at least three times per child during the season or pay the non-volunteer fee of $150. Don’t worry, volunteering is fun and you get a front row seat! See our Volunteers page for more information.
Dive Team Fees
|1st Diver in a Family||$80|
|2nd Diver in a Family||$50|
|3rd or more Divers in a Family||$35|
A $5 processing fee will be charged by active.com for each swimmer.
Discounts for additional divers are included automatically by active.com at check-out when all registrants are paid for in the same transaction. Please contact the dive team reps if you have an issue with the application of discounts.
- All registered divers will receive a team t-shirt; extra shirts may be ordered through the registration site and payment for those will be collected later.
- Divers must register by May 28th to ensure that you get your preferred t-shirt size.
- Divers may purchase new 2018 Tuckahoe team swim suits. Suits are sold at Sport Fair and will be available at the Tuckahoe Open House
NVSL Age Groups
Freshmen 10 and under – Front dive, back dive, Optional dive
Junior 11-12 – Front dive, back dive, two optional dives
Intermediate 13-14 – Front dive, back dive, three optional dives
Senior 15 and up – Front dive, back dive, inward dive, and three optional dives
Forward 1½ Somersaults
Forward 2 Somersaults
Forward 2½ Somersaults
Back 1½ Somersaults
Reverse 1½ Somersaults
Inward 1½ Somersaults
Forward Dive ½ Twist
Forward Dive 1 Twist
Forward Somersault ½ Twist
Forward Somersault 1 Twist
Back Dive ½ Twist
Back Dive 1 Twist
Back Somersault ½ Twist
Back Somersault 1 Twist
Back Somersault 1½ Twists
Contact the Dive Team Reps:
Araceli Anciola & Jennifer Murray